Pages

Monday, October 3, 2022

Fast Moving Fragments


Could there be hippos in this pool of water?
Hungry hippos have really big teeth………and that’s all I’ll say about that! I’ve been muddling all day about how to approach this stem that I left for myself. Fragments of story flew through my head so fast I couldn’t catch them. I thought maybe if I researched the children’s game of Hungry Hungry Hippos it might jog some of them loose. More fast moving fragments. So I went on kidadl.com for information about hippos. Sadly, I learned that hippos are a violent species - not the cute brightly coloured hippos of the child’s game. They do eat grasses - 155lb (68 kg) - each day, are mostly herbivores and can hold their breath under water for up to five minutes.


Delving into research, any and all fragments vanished! So, tonight was not the night for a children’s story from this author.


“What a schmuck!”

~ Lemony Snicket,  The Bad Beginning


No comments: