Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

At Home

Saturdays come and go every seven days, filled with errands, chores and whatever else I feel like doing. Every now and then, I pass up on all the above and they get pushed into whatever corners of time they fit. Housework has long been just a chore and a bore. Since getting settled in my home, it often still is a chore. Now it comes with a feeling of ownership. Respect and responsibility, design and redecorate. Place things just so, and for those things that no longer serve me, find them a new home. Even if it’s the garbage, but preferably given to someone else. On Saturdays, I engage with my home, caring for my home, to give me a safe place to live, to write and to develop retirement in safety.


“Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. 

When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.”

~ Clint Eastwood




 

No comments: