Pages

Friday, July 21, 2023

Coming to the Page

Coming to the page….. my companion for decades. Some call it a brain dump, which it is. But I see it more of a companion. Not always cheerful, not always charming and whining!! OMG! Such a whiner. Fortunately, over the years, that has slowed and almost stopped. Hmmm……I seem to have written something like this before. But, it’s probably been a long time ago, so this morning the words ‘coming to the page’ felt fresh and a great beginning to an essay. This simple action of coming to the page each morning wakes up my mind to solutions rather than worries, gratitude rather than annoyance. There have been days missed; or mornings that became afternoons. All for a variety of reasons. These pages also are reminders of birthdays, world events, my to-do’s for the day, and about the birds in the trees, the weather. There have been the beginnings of stories, dreadful poetry, dreams, ideas or just a good pity party. Occasionally when words fail me, I sketch something - sometimes notes of music, sometimes a tree or a flower or just a doodle. For a time, my penmanship was becoming completely illegible, but with a new project on the horizon that will require good penmanship, my daily entry has become my practice companion. Coming to the page is much more than journaling. When I began writing these Morning Pages, I wrote just because it was recommended. Realizing its value to me, I have continued and will continue even if it’s just two lines on my way out the door. 


“Inspiration may sometimes fail to show up for work

 in the morning, but determination never does.”

~ K.M. Weiland


 

No comments: