Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Being Alive ~1

“I just want to feel alive.” I couldn’t believe I said that! Suddenly I realized what day it was. My mom passed on this day 1971, suddenly and tragically. With that realization, I felt alive. Still missing a certain amount of energy, but I felt my toes, my skin, my face. And I felt grateful and sad. Not unhappy. The sadness had become too heavy to carry and did nothing to honour mom’s life. 


On my walk home this afternoon, I looked up at the sky, clouds barely covering the blue, through the heavy lace of old elm tree branches with awe. I no longer remember the touch of her hand or the sound of her voice; photos remind me of her face, yet I feel her presence daily - especially in the kitchen!


“I love you every day. And now I will miss you every day.”

~ Mitch Albom, For One More Day



This post dedicated to my mom.


988 Suicide Crisis Helpline

 - calls or texts to 9-8-8, free of charge.

 - the 9-8-8 service can be used by anyone in Canada, 

including children or youth

 - Go to 988.ca for more information


No comments: