Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Before and After ~ 2

Have I ever made a pizza? If I have that’s in the Forgotten File. But I do have a pizza pan, so I must have…..a long time ago. But a couple of days ago, I made up my mind to cook something different every day. Today is was to be pizza. I hesitated, but I had all the fixings. My considered opinion at the time was that I’d better try it first before I serve it to someone else.


Disclaimer: I didn’t make my own pizza dough. Bought one of those tubes of pizza dough in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. I wanted to work with it first, see what pizza dough felt like. The other ingredients purchased were: onions that I caramelized, tomato sauce in a jar, mushrooms, feta cheese, marble cheddar cheese, pepperoni and cherry tomatoes. I sprinkled it with oregano and black pepper. 


Then I over cooked it! Good thing I was the only one I was serving pizza to tonight. The crust was, well, crusty. Very crusty. I did have a timer set, but the aroma from my kitchen told me it was past done while there were still over two minutes on the timer. It did taste quite good regardless of the crusty crust.


How many of us get tired of our own cooking? I never thought I would say that, but recently my meals have become rote and boring. I have delicious meals in the freezer that no longer taste so delicious anymore. Ordering out is just too costly, and I want to learn more about different meals. Pizza may not be considered a healthy meal - or even a meal, but my stomach is full and I did get my veggies! This pizza is too overcooked to be stored in the freezer but that is my goal for pizza making. I’ve stored it in the refrigerator for a breakfast bite and for a snack when I want one. Should be gone by tomorrow night? Freezer pizza meals will come later.


“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. 

In cooking, you’ve got to have a what-the-hell attitude.”

~ Julia Child

No comments: