Pages

Friday, January 12, 2024

Missed the Memo!

A potato plant - I think. This plant was not paying attention to the weather as plants are known to do. About a month ago, it sprouted. I had no idea what it was, but decided to let it keep growing. Because it rose from the soil right beside the Hens and Chicks ‘mom’, I thought maybe that’s what it was. But no, the stem just kept growing. In the last week, it has leafed out ~ barely ~ but continued to grow, despite the frost on the window. And the fact that, I have not watered the soil much because of the succulents there! This is one confused potato! 




Where did it come from? I had planted some sprouted potatoes almost a year ago. When I prepared the soil for the succulents, I thought I had all the old sprouts out. Wrong. I guess I’ll just see what happens to it - whether it's a potato or not. 


“But is there no intent of an analogy 

between man’s life and the seasons?”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: