Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

If only I could catch them........!



How many words come 
in my head in a day?
As many as starfish 
found in a bay!

Words float into my view
and then they float out.
No matter the task
they’re always about.

When washing the dishes
or scrubbing the floor,
they hide in the bubbles
and slip out the door.

When mowing the grass 
with a blade that is sharp
words sing through my head
like the sound of a harp.

When weeding the flowers
where butterflies go,
words ride on their backs
then sit on my nose!

When driving the car,
at work or at play,
a light will turn green
and the words are away.

Words perch in the trees.
They stand up on rocks.
Words nest in my hair
while I'm taking a walk.

Words dive in the water
and swim with the ducks.
They slip through sea weed ~
to catch them....good luck!

Oh, what shall I do 
with these words that are mine?
Should I string them in 
sentences, story or rhyme?

“Papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism
are all very good words for the lips”.
~ Charles Dickens

No comments: