Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"How bad can it be....?"

Born July 18, 1943

This morning's reminder that the owner of this sweet face would have celebrated her 69th birthday today started my search.

Paging through my photo albums I found many memories of Audrey.

So deeply missed.
Eyes that sparkled and twinkled,
this innocent face convinced me that going down a Black slope at Red Mountain would not be that bad: "How bad can it be......?"
Did I mention I was a beginner at skiing?
And for non-skiers, Black slopes are not for beginners.

I bought into this dare
once, then
twice.. but,
the third time.....

Well, let’s just say, 
Gliding down the Green slopes (for beginners) on skis was my preference
rather than the bumping down the black slopes on the seat of my pants
desperately clinging to my ski poles and any branch or rock that had a remote chance of being a hand hold,
while trying to avoid collisions with more seasoned skiers.
Audrey and I, in hysterics, were covered in snow!

I always remember having fun with Audrey.
Audrey’s kind and loving soul, is in my heart and memory.
Her soul so loved a bit ~ or a lot ~ of mischief and great music.

How bad can it be....?
It’s pretty bad when a dear friend, and sister-in-law for many years, passes from this world.
But we did have fun!

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.”
~ Katharine Hepburn

No comments: