Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Loose Ends ~ 1


Loose ends of my life at home
lying at my feet
stuffed in my pockets
filed away in drawers and cupboards.

Loose ends of friendships stored
in special cupboards 
of mind and heart
picked up & woven into conversation 
no gap in time or event.

Loose ends of my own words 
written in story and poem over years
incomplete
immature
requiring coherency
return to my vision.

Finding loose ends takes time.
Are they all knotted and tangled?
Stuffed and bundled in electronic file folders
titles long and unwieldy 
sentences awkwardly constructed
paragraphs out of order
abundantly worded drafts and redrafts

Loose ends drape themselves,
untidy bits that await
reconnection
revision.

“It always seems impossible, until it’s done.”
Nelson Mandela

No comments: