Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Betrayed!


A set of Fame cards inspiring 
poetry, story or essay
have been lying quietly, 
patiently in my desk drawer
whispering invitations to write

first about a dream - not too bad
then about my pets - not yet polished
followed by tickling my inspiration.
All of them inside jobs relying 
only on memory and memoir

Then it got scary - 
'create a costume from your closet and
come out writing'!
'look through a cupboard or drawer and 
free comedy or tragedy'!

Those last two smack of 
a sneaky way to get me to 
clean out the clutter hiding 
in cupboard drawers 
or behind closet doors!

I am certain that Mary Poppins 
is behind this whole game
calling out Spit Spot
while she gets her carpet bag and brollie out.

I do have a different attitude 
when I open
drawers and doors.......

“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.
You find the fun, and - SNAP - the job’s a game!”
~ Mary Poppins

No comments: