Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Moss Street Paint-In 2016

Created by Victoria Animal Control


Greeted by this lovely portrait of a dog done in a variety of coloured dog tags, I joined the throngs at the end of the Moss Street Paint-In that  today ran from 11am until 4pm today. Streets were closed off to traffic from Fort Street and Mass Street all the way to Dallas Road and Moss Street. 





This annual event always attracts thousands of residents and visitors. A day to stroll outside and view art of many genres: painting, sculpture, pottery, jewelry and music. Face painting and, this year, a free drumming workshop.



I went on my own this year to give myself an opportunity to go at my own pace and my own curiosity. Pottery drew me like a magnet. It was good that I was several blocks from home. I only bought one small piece. The Moss Street Farmers Market, held every Saturday, was also in full swing. I made certain to get potatoes on my way through and past. I was about to call it an afternoon, but the drumming across the street on the steps of Fairfield United Church drew my attention - and my drumming hands. Watching the two and three year olds just slapping those drums brought big smiles to my face. I joined the drummers for this free workshop - a completely new experience and I loved it.












I continued my long walk from the Paint-In home via Cook Street and stopped at The World of Flowers for more fresh vegetables. It was a two hour stroll through a really great neighbourhood.





“Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.”
~ Ruth Reichi

No comments: