Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Taking A Walk

Accessibility makes life easier. Walking to the doctor today, I passed a man sitting under a tree. The tree that is his ‘office’. My mission was to have a check up. His mission seems to be to just survive. There are many stories. Sitting under trees, on sidewalks, on park benches, on street corners and places that I’ve not seen. Stories of a lifetime. Not an adult lifetime, but a life time from childhood, maybe even birth. Details that none of us will ever know.

What does that have to do with accessibility? I have access to everything in my life that I need or want. I have access to family and friends for support and kindness. I have access to employment so I can purchase the food I prefer, dentistry, gas for my car and clothes I prefer. I have access to my internal emotional life, options, and I am grateful. So when I see the person with a life story sitting under a tree, I am satisfied with my own life. Accessibility makes life so much easier.

“Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone….just remember that all 
the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.”
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: