Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

All is Well

Click.
Just a tiny click
No keys
My heart lurched
(My grand-dog by my side)

Call your son
Pocket pat
No phone
My heart flipped
(My grand-dog by my side).

Creativity vanished
Panic threatened
Blue sky or no blue sky
My heart began to pound
(My patient grand-dog by my side)

Deep breath
Reach out
But to whom?
My heart felt lost and sore
(My patient grand-dog by my side)

Gratitude
To a passerby for the time (I have a bus to catch)
To the neighbour across the street who let me call my son
To the neighbour next door who called a locksmith.
My heart slowed to an almost normal beat.
(My very patient grand-dog by my side)

Gratitude and relief
A friend arrived with a key because of 
the magic of communication from son to son to friend
My heart had jumped with joy
My very patient grand-dog out for a proper walk.

“All is well, nothing like a little adventure panic to get the blood flowing.”
~ Jeff Ward

No comments: