Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

All is Well - Again

Taken from inside the ferry on the way home.
Yesterday, midmorning began with an ominous click
A signal 
memory work and desire 
had stumbled - I locked myself outside without keys, phones or ID.
All was resolved and then I returned to Victoria to:
No internet - and thus no email access
Not on my phone
Not on my laptop
Not on my iPad
(And sadly no Netflix)
Deep breath
How can I make this creative!
It’s really not necessary except
For all the online bills I pay
Including…..wait for it……
My rent for January, 2018!
Inner wisdom to the rescue: pick up the phone.
Telus support at 07:30 am was amazing.
With kind, cheerful direction,
I turned the modem upside down and sideways
 - unplugged this cord and that cord and hit reset
   - read teeny, tiny little lettering on labels
……..all unsuccessful
Tuesday evening awaits.
Solution for the next couple of days: 
go anywhere else with wifi when it is necessary - or just for fun.
Once more all is well.
(until planet Mercury picks up the pace!)

“We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain.”
~ Stephen Hawking.

No comments: