Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Heart-fill

‘Braving the Void’ ~
the title of a book read long before these many days with silent emptiness pooling around me.

A void that can only be felt
as I pass through rooms
filled with my furnishings,
precious writings,
overflowing book shelves.

A void that can only be felt
when my cupboards stagnate
from the busyness of creating 
tasty work lunches, routine 
abruptly altering even grocery shopping.

A void that can only be felt
when my personally scheduled turn 
at the laundry room is no longer
timed to a work schedule,
but merely when the basket is full.

Filling the void cannot be merely 
the tasks of daily busy work ~
unless my choices of nuanced
colours, music, aromas and light
bravely reshape my heart’s emptiness.

“It is not yet a feeling that points her in a direction. 
It is just the feeling of a vacuum, a void waiting to be filled.”
~ Eleanor Catton, The Rehearsal

No comments: