Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Feeling Saturday

On my way home from the park


Today is Saturday
The calendar says so.
Even my computer says so.
Shifts have shifted 
Dad didn’t work Sundays ~
except seeding and harvest times
I did
Saturdays, Sundays, holidays
Shifts have shifted
Now I can feel Saturday
Quiet release
Walking in the sunshine to the park where Monday to Friday 
a quiet green lawn is marked by chalk-lines and crows ~
Saturday and Sunday
the soccer pitch is busy 
orange shirts against green shirts
directions, cheers, groans
calling over songbirds and traffic.
Sitting on a green bench
pencil-sketching an imagined daisy?
I’m feeling Saturday.

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen 
or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
~ Helen Keller

No comments: