Pages

Friday, August 9, 2019

Brilliant!!

Brilliant!!

“Eccentricities become me, darling! Don’t you agree? I look fabulous, my dear! All my life, I’ve had to be conventional and ordinary. Now that I’m retired from that corporate ‘climb the ladder faster’ world, I’m just ready to jump out of their box. Isn’t that what those corporate guys say? Think outside the box? And they’ve just kept building bigger boxes all looking exactly the same with all the same pressures to conform differently. I want to wear flamboyant colours, broad brimmed hats with flowers or feathers ~ maybe both ~ blue jeans that aren’t blue, studded with rhinestones down the sides. I want my eccentricities to shine because they've always been there. I’ve just had to keep them quiet, like a sweet toddler who wants to run and jump and play. Well, that toddler has been bored for years! And it’s play time, darling! So put on your patent leather dancing shoes, grab your top hat and cane and let’s dance!!”

“You’re mad, bonkers, completely or your head. But 
I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
~ Lewis Carroll

No comments: