Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

Inspired Writing ~1

Inspiration evolves 
when I slow down and think
when I look up a word to find a
synonym, when I can't remember a
sound and don’t know the ‘just right’
words to describe it.

Inspiration evolves from 
my experiences
my preferences
my abilities and
   the world I enjoy.

  Inspiration evolves when 
  a marching band swings past 
   with the scurl of bagpipes, 
   the steady beat of drums and 
   the swing of kilts. 

Inspiration evolves when 
the colours and dress of 
children and families, 
lovers and friends 
curl their way through 
lawn, sidewalks and streets

Inspiration evolves when 
I see children dancing and spinning to the grand music of Victoria Symphony, using their circles of light toys, as they would scarves, to swing through the air.

Inspiration evolves when 
a lone multihued light sabre, 
hidden behind a gigantic Douglas fir, conducts the Symphony floating on a barge in the Inner Harbour.

Inspiration evolves like a balloon
filling with air so that it floats
above the surface of the earth 
to be seen, felt, and touched
until it goes higher than I can reach
but floats away and all I remember 
is it’s beauty but not the words

“A symphony must be like the world. It must contain everything.”
~ Gustav Mahler

No comments: