Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Inspired Writing ~ 2


Inspiration evolves 
when I slow down and think
when I search for a synonym.
when a sound becomes clear
when just right words pop up.

Inspiration evolves from 
my experiences
my preferences
my abilities and
gradual development.

Inspiration evolves like a balloon filling with air
so that it floats above the surface of the earth to be seen,
felt, and touched until it goes higher 
than I can reach but floats away 
and all I remember is 
its beauty but not the words

Inspiration evolves and revolves
but does not devolve and peter out 
into a colourless nothingness that
makes no sense, or sound, 
but paints my heart’s wishes 
in pastel shades or brilliant hues.

Inspiration evolves when
I put my back into 
an idea or a plan and
with elbow grease and
writer’s cramp I develop
a plan, an idea and have a project
that projects my self into the world.

Inspiration evolves in 
one more piece of writing, 
one more mark on the page
some that I crumple up
and toss into the trash,
others released into the sky.

“Do one thing everyday that scares you.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: