Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

All These Little Things

Intrigued by the pull of the things
that I think I need to own, 

people I think I need to see ~ 

restlessness stirs in my legs

while my feet remain at rest. 

Always ‘I wonder if….’ ~ and

‘it wouldn’t happen to me’ or 

‘it would be so nice to have what I don’t have’ and

from a darkened corner of mind, echoes a question  - 

‘What would happen if you just live with what you have and be with friends and family as best you can

(without whining).’

Would that intrigue the same way?

From another darkened corner of my mind 

a pout-y child, tears shining in big eyes,

‘but I want what I want when I want it and..and...

and I want to give and get real hugs!’ 

Somewhere in the middle

can be a place of calmness and acceptance

my middle self becomes intrigued with my surroundings.

finding little joys that spark with lightning speed

laughing out loud and learning over the airwaves because I can.

and in the middle there is also time and space

to be sad or angry that the ease of life 

we once knew has vanished and yet

I am intrigued by the gentle pull of these all little things.


“I was especially perceptive to all things beautiful that morning 

- raspberries in blue china bowls were enough to make the heart sing.”

~ Irene Hunt, Up a Road Slowly







No comments: