Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Shadowed

Taking intention for a walk?

What intention?

To just be outside?

To visit a good friend?

To follow the shadow on the wall?

To fill my ‘creativity bucket’ 


pandemic restrictions cramped my style

no roaming all over! merely

circling around the neighbourhood

oh, and the cold - today banished

 - prevented me from roaming at all.


morning’s sunshine shadow on my wall

beckoned me ~ this afternoon

not feeling all that creative I write:

I had been brave ~ I had gone for a walk

without snow boots, but

my ordinary shoes ~ not water proof ~

I avoided puddles! 

slipped/slid on ice crackling over 

thin slicks of snowmelt. 

my body strong, balance kept me 

from frigid muddy puddles 

flowing from dirty snow 

bumping along sidewalks,

mounds of icy snow watering 

the lawns beneath and

fading fast in the warm sunshine.


In the sunshine of 

laughter, coffee and rhubarb upside down cake

the icy tension of isolation from friends faded fast.


“Walking is man’s best medicine.”

~ Hippocrates


 

No comments: