Pages

Friday, June 3, 2022

Focus!

Eyeing the possibilities around me this last two years has challenged me. Returning to Regina after living away for over thirty years has taxed my heart, brain and body. The prairies of Saskatchewan, my home for longer than I was away, never left my soul. When I left, I drove my own car, had a nursing career and several goals. Encountering life’s unexpected twists and turns along the way, I was away far longer than my original idea. And that’s all it was ~ an idea ~ without much of a plan at all. 


Returning to the prairies without a car and retired, my goal was to be closer to family. Rebuilding those relationships stretched by time and distance is an ongoing and very precious challenge. This brings me to possibility. There have been bleak days - kind of like the winter we just passed through! But there have been more days with tiny hints of possibility. Like two brand new great granddaughters! Like learning to snowshoe at 74! Bus passes and taxis. Learning independence in this broad, spread out city. Enjoying life as it arrives each morning when I awaken.


All the while, I have wanted and needed more, but didn’t know what or how to get it ~ whatever ‘it’ has been. Possibilities as scattered as clouds across the broad blue prairie sky. Asking the question ‘What if?’, wondering if it made good sense, taking a lot of deep breaths and many steps forward, I have eyed each possibility and chosen one………to be continued…… 


“If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, 

we would literally astound ourselves.”

~ Thomas A. Edison


No comments: