Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

A Forty Pound Oops!

I was shocked!

They just sat, stolidly leaning up against the porch railings. Two twenty pound bags of potatoes ~ that I hadn’t ordered. I had only wanted two single potatoes.


Where were the rest of my groceries!? There was no obvious delivery person in sight. I didn’t know what to do. I had seen him come up to my front door, but by the time I got my mask on and opened the door, he was nowhere to be seen.


Trying to decide what to do, I breathed easier when he suddenly appeared carrying two more bags of groceries. Fortunately, he was a very nice young man. He did explain what was obviously my error. So rather than eating all things potatoes for the next month ~ breakfast, lunch and supper ~ I sent them back to the store for return or donation.


My error? I didn’t read the website closely enough!


“Mistakes aren’t mistakes; they are lessons!”

~ Israelmore Ayivor, Six Words Inspiration


No comments: