Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Hammer and Nails - A Rant

Scammers make me crazy. They are invisible ghosts, floating through wireless waves, poking their ghostly noses into anyone’s computer without regard. I admit: it is frightening. I’ve had one encounter in the past with a scammer that caught me. This one has frightened me and is just plain annoying. And rude. That snake that invades my wi-fi home - and if you’re listening out there - ‘does your mother know you do this’?! (a quote from a friend).


So how to combat the fear, fury and impatience that build up waiting for a fix: Hammer and Nails. My writing desk has needed fixing for the longest time. Finding the right sized nails, a hammer, screwdrivers to tighten up its aging joints was the start. But the solid tapping of the nails settled my rattled emotions. Then I moved furniture to put a cap on the whole mess. 


By the way - I didn’t get caught in their money grab, just the ride of their emotional rollercoaster.


“The fraudster’s greatest liability is the certainty 

that the fraud is too clever to be detected.”

~ Louis J. Freeh

 

No comments: