Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2023

The Big Book Sale, Regina, Sask.

At the Highland Curling Club:

books, books & more books!

categorized and sorted

trays of books on long tables

trays of books stacked beneath


That’s not all:


Jigsaw puzzles, word games,

children’s games, LP vinyl

categorized and sorted

trays of them on long tables

trays of them stacked beneath


Last year I went without focus,

this year - yesterday - I knew what I wanted:

Louise Penny novels and jigsaw puzzles

weaving and wandering tables stretching the length of the rink,

I found my prizes: $10.00 for the lot!


An added treat:

the rink’s concession was open for business

my business: a bacon cheeseburger, fries and coffee

after all that hard work

I needed a rest…..


But the volunteers need more rest than I!


Cheerful women and men who organized 

thousands of books, games, vinyl recordings,

CD’S, DVD’S and more…….

sorting, stacking, directing traffic ~

the traffic of buyers filling bags and boxes

and happily accepting the few dollars charged.


“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”

~ Elizabeth Andrew


The Big Book Sale in Regina, Sask

The major fundraiser for the Seniors’ University Groups

Wednesday, June 21 - 24, 2023


No comments: