Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2024

On an Afternoon Walk - Elvis on 13th Avenue

 Yesterday was windy, with high fluffy clouds, and I really missed my jacket. Today, on my walk to the Bookstore, under the blue sky, I felt the warming sun and stuffed my jacket in my bag! On my way back, barely a block away, the thump of outdoor music echoed. As I walked I could hear strains of energetic song and soon the whole of 13th Avenue could hear the best of Elvis! And there he was, not Elvis!, but a tall man, his shaggy grey hair escaping his hat, microphone in hand serenading 13th Avenue with his energy. His black hat with red bandana hat band and Canadian flag waving in the breeze seemed a signature just in case no one noticed his Karaoke - at least I’m assuming it was Karaoke. He leaned into his old car to adjust his tunes from time to time, never missing a beat. Walking further, I looked up in the trees to see minuscule buds soaking up the sun. Which one gave me the most joy? It really doesn’t matter ~ my walk home was a very pleasant one.

“Comparison is the thief of joy.”

~ Theodore Roosevelt

No comments: