Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2024

On an Afternoon Walk ~ Luck

Too far from home to dash in and get an umbrella, I watched the storm clouds gather. I knew the forecast was for rain for the afternoon when I would be out and about. Did I pay attention? Would it have done any good? The wind was one of those umbrella destroying ones. But I did manage to avoid getting soaked. Luck, definitely not good sense. I got my errands done and after I had stopped for coffee and a read, the sun was out and the sky seemed to be clearing. The real rain, complete with thunder, lightning and hail, didn’t start until I was safely home and dry. As I said, it was luck, definitely not good sense.


“However small the chance might be of 

striking lucky, the chance was there.”

~ Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

No comments: