Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Art of Centering

Irritation.  
Frantic running.
Handle bars of life.
Keep me in my center, 
away from all the strife?

I shouldn’t ever feel the things old mind tapes always play.
But if I don’t how can I find 
my center in this day?!

Slow is irritating.
Fast, a frantic marathon.
To get things in a scheduled life all perfect and all done
‘The hurrider I go ahead, the behinder' I do go
Then when I do, I stand so still
All I can say is NO.

I can’t do this, I can’t do that.
I really have no time.
Yet keeping in my center, the rhythm is all mine.
Slow or maybe quickly,  
I find there's been no need 
To get things done by Thursday
or even by next week.

It’s only in the journey and
peaceful daily steps I seek
that my ‘hurrider’ slows down
and ‘behinder’ catches up.

Anytime you sense you are getting overrun by 
outside influences and losing your feeling, put 
your attention inside your body.  Relax........let
 your breath sink low...breathe in your abdomen...”
- Anne Kent Rush

No comments: