Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rainy days bring opportunity



Strolling the meadow cancelled today ~ at least for me.
A cool and cloudy rainy day
slowed my interest in daisies and goslings.

My longing for outside air on my skin satisfied when a lull in the rain pulled me out of doors 
to dig in mud, gray and thick with clay, bound in balls around invading grass roots.
A perfect vent for pent up energy.

An afternoon full of kids and balloons with
pizza and ice cream at 
3 year old Madylin’s birthday party.
All ages of family, visiting and sharing stories.
Birthday gifts unwrapped and shown around.

Cups of tea after the party
at a local coffee house shared with
Larry, Dana, and Suze

Home to a ‘Meow Chorus’, kitties and dog fed.
Popcorn and a movie brought this cool, rainy day to a close.
A ballooning of moments to enjoy despite the wet weather.

Thunder is good, thunder is impressive;
but it is the lightening that does the work.”
- Mark Twain

No comments: