Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Chocolate Dreams

The oldest recipe I have: Brownie Pudding Yum!!!!
I’ve had many dreams, most of them too bizarre for words. Occasionally some of them humorous, some frightening. But never one about chocolate cake. However, my dream was creative and compelling, I measured, mixed and tried desperately to remember the recipe for chocolate cake. Keeping on, one measurement at a time, I was coming close but never got it into an oven. I woke up and smiled. 


Always trying to divine my dreams, I thought my recent struggles with my writing project had been translated into a dream. Did I want to write something sweet, something well put together but didn’t know how? Or did I just want the chocolate cake I’d been craving for the last week? Trying to decide was taking far too much time.


The solution: make a Brownie Pudding and try not to eat it all at once. The chocolate sauce is beneath the brownie cake filled with cashews with just a hint of cayenne: both are dark and delicious. Only two pieces have disappeared.







“You just need a little perspective. Warmed chocolate can give you that.”

~ Giada De Laurentiis


No comments: