Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Lost and Found

The lost has been found. Just a small notebook with scribblings and numbers, wanderings, doodles and lists of books to be read, movies to see, dates of phone calls received. Everything to be lost to the dustbin of time and memory. But, darn it! I expect it to be in a certain place when I want it. There were still several blank pages left in it. What if even one of those things was important?! 


A phone call to the last place I saw it. Reaching out to one more person. And then ~ a last look in my carry all. All the pockets. The little notebook slid into my hand like it was expecting me. A sigh of relief and phone calls returned. And so my day began.


“and what is lost that can’t be found.”

~ Alix E. Harrow, The Once and Future Witches

No comments: