Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2024

From the Top


I have been called a ‘watch cat’ by many, but truth be told, I like to sleep during the day. Most of the day. Whenever I want to. However, today, was one of those cleaning days. When she washes all her clothes that’s normal. I still am confounded by that unnecessary task. I just lick myself clean and never have to change my fur. I just let it fly away and she picks it up. She spent a very long time, taking my beautiful fur out of my blankets. But I digress. The thing she calls a vacuum ~ noisy and rude. Pushes me out of the way. She at least changed the blanket in my new carrier. I know that’s what it is, so I’ve been steering clear of it. I finally got up here on this high perch so I could keep an eye on her. By the way, my human speech has really improved, don’t you think?


“As anyone well knows who has ever been around a cat 

for any length of time, cats have enormous patience 

with the limitations of the human mind.”

~ Cleveland Amory, 1917 - 1998

 American author, reporter, television critic, 

commentator and animal rights activist

No comments: