Pages

Friday, June 28, 2024

The Importance of Daring


Tucked beneath an old tree, protected by a fence, beautiful green caught my eye - the blessing of the rains. The old tree's leafy top was waving frantically like the old Whomping Willow of Harry Potter fame. Its compatriots lining the streets were as frantic. Timing my short walk home between potential buckets of ice water dumped on the city, I was lucky. Only a fine mist flung from dripping leaves made me pull my hood up; the chill wind forced me to zip my jacket to my chin. I had not been so silly as to bring an umbrella that would have been a mere a toy for the wind. But I was willing to brave the weather for a pedicure, a cup of coffee, and a read of my next book ~ outings not to be blown away or dampened by such ill- mannered weather.


“The most important thing is to enjoy your life - 

to be happy - it’s all that matters.”

~ Audrey Hepburn

No comments: