Pages

Friday, August 9, 2024

Sweeping Up

Thetis Lake, Vancouver Island,
May 2016

Sweeping up the dust, stray leaves and dried berries pushed by the wind into the balcony corners feels good. 


The shush, shush, shush of my straw broom, stooping to dig my fingers in the dry dirt of a pot, rearranging a garden gnome and rocks in empty pots. 


Sweeping up memories is like that. Dust and dirt are thrown away; my memories are stored in cupboards, drawers and closets of my mind. 


Some in very safe places! ~ especially 

those that land in a junk drawer! Those 

saved, I will take out, polish them with 

laughter or melancholy, share them over lunch 

or dinner, while I sketch bright new memories. 


 “I enjoy, occasionally, a day with my memories ~ 

these paintings hanging on the walls of my mind.”

~ Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

No comments: