Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Too Much Noise

Inside questions, in a child’s voice, have no answers unless I look them up on some electronic encyclopedia. 


Books of Knowledge are no longer in existence, their gold lettered spines all in a row. And anyway, inside questions


only come to me as bedtime comes. Brushing the sticky cobweb questions aside is seldom possible. Counting 


sheep has never helped, so I try to ignore those inside questions 

about the purpose of life, what will 

come in the mail, how will the 


weather change tomorrow or is the 

forecast right, why did the see-through 

cloud scatter raindrops on my nightly walk?


If the answers are important they may 

inhabit my dreams, but if too bizarre, 

they may show up in the morning.


“Put my head under my pillow, and let 

the quiet put things where they are supposed to be.”

~ Stephen Chbosky, American film director

No comments: