Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Restoring peace and calm..

I have learned, and firmly believe, that my relationship with epilepsy asks that I find my center, my quiet place, in order to effectively manage the epilepsy that I carry.

Medication management is valuable, however I am 
responsible for 
being aware of and then
balancing the highs and lows of my life.

With time and with intent, a move towards 
a center of calm and wholeness is accomplished with a 
daily practice of a yoga, and mild exercise.

****

Rest and Calm
Quiet and spent I sit and think
Beneath still waters I find a link

Between my Soul, my Heart, My Brain.
All of which have felt the drain!

Ducks in gentle waters float
Overhead gulls call out their notes.

Skies of grey are broken by
reflected light from sun that’s shy

In distance far a tiny boat
like my tired self does float

Upon these gentle, quiet waters,
rest the only thing that matters.

The ducks, the gulls, the clouds, the tides
surround my boat upon all sides

And so my soul finds rest and calm
Within this bay I find my balm.

Susan Ward
Mar.2005

“Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a 
calm spirit.  Do not lose your inner peace for anything 
whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.”
~ Saint Francis de Sales

No comments: