Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2024

The 96th Oscar Awards

Oscar night. My evening has been pleasantly occupied by this sparkling show of creativity. It’s glittering night for an over the top celebration of this years movie, the movie stars. When we are watching a movie, we only see the final cuts for the screen. Polished and edited. The Oscars that are awarded to those behind the scene, hard working people are equally, if not more important, because they design and build, they create fantastic make up and elaborate costumes, they skillfully shoot the scenes, edit the scenes, skillfully use state of the art technology to create the stories that we see on any movie screen. I salute them all for their hard work. Unfortunately, the pay equity leaves a lot to be desired!


So much has been said over the years about the host, the Oscars themselves, the glitz and I’m sure there is truth to back up the complaints. Besides those judgments, I am so very pleased to see the casts and crews honoured for a job well done.


“My philosophy is that the people around us are there doing as much work 

if not more work behind the scenes and they’re the last people 

you would ever be unkind to so I hope I’m not a diva off stage.”

~ Renee Fleming

No comments: