Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

An Up and Down Day

Morning began as usual
misty meadows
geese and their goslings 
on a glassy pond.

The reality of my memory (or lack thereof)
differences and distances in banking systems
frustrated and angered me.
(that’s the polite version)

Deep breath
Call the bank
Resolve the situation

The underboil still simmering,
I had to cook something.
My hosts both away and busy 
I had the kitchen to myself.
They would need supper.

First groceries.    
I was a woman on a mission.
Back from the store,
I mixed up an Alfredo Sauce,
added shrimp and mushrooms
Tossed a spinach salad with strawberries

Whew!
Emotional steam almost fizzled out,
Dana and Larry home
A salmon on the grill outside

Each with our own choice of beverage, we shared a pleasant evening meal at the patio table outside in the early cool of a clear, calm evening.

When angry, count to ten before you
speak; if very angry, an hundred.  
- Thomas Jefferson

No comments: