Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Real Spring Day!


The Summer Solstice soon ambles in, but ‘til that day,
it is still spring.

Spring, with
sun beautifully warm
shadows long
supper on the deck overlooking the alley.

But Ms. Atwood said 
‘one should be dirty 
at the end of a spring day’.
I bow to her wisdom.

My knees soiled,
fingernails black filled,
I fling weeds into the old wheelbarrow, 
while a drummer punches the evening air
from a neighbouring yard.
Rat-a-tat.....rat-a-tat..rat-a-tat-tat.....
A practicing drummer?

Then music practice.
Electric guitar riffs with no melody echo along sunbeams 
brightening the back alley
woven among branches of windless trees.

A real spring day!
I love it!
I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose 
I would always greet it in a garden.”
~ Ruth Stout

No comments: