Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Seeds of my Discontent.....


...like flakes of brown chaff are tossed into unpredictable winds.
Small brown seeds falling
on moist soil around me
disappearing
becoming part of a landscape 
drawn in pebbles and greenery.

Seeds of annoyance and resentment distort into compost by the weight of my life.
Other scratchy emotions struggle to grow, but ungainly and sparse with inattention may die young and very timely deaths.

And then there are those grand resentments,
supported on prickly stems and branches, that 
if nurtured and tended by word or deed,
will flower and spread their seed far and wide.

Should I allow annoyance or resentment
to hold sway?
to determine my life’s course?
I think not.

The seeds of my discontent,
when backlit by my values,
can yield much healthier decisions.

“It’s not hard to make decisions when
you know what your values are.”
~ Roy Disney

No comments: