Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In the Grand Scheme of Things


Qu'Appelle Valley, Summer of 2011
Morning was a joy.
Walking on a beach in Qu’Appelle Valley with 
my sister, in the warm Saskatchewan sun.

Afternoon continued to please.
A drive through the prairies.
Visits with friends from younger years in my home town and in city.

Evening, shared with two hundred and fifty other nurses, was fun.
Reminiscences of varied pasts.
Talk of grown children, families, and retirement.
Some of us still at work in our professions.

Disappointments?           
~ Loss of my camera with pictures from morning and afternoon.  It's use for my blog posts has been invaluable.
~ Unexpected, and unprepared for, lack of internet access 
to post this nightly blog.
~ Regret that I feel for being unprepared and presumptous.

My sincerest apologies to those who have been my faithful readers.

In the grand scheme of things,
The joys and pleasantries of the day, far outweigh
the disappointments of the day.

"We must accept finite disappointment,
but never lose infinite hope."
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: