Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Reflected Feelings


I feel shame when the epilepsy I brought with me disrupts a family day,
but I’m supposed to be proud of my other accomplishments.

I feel fear and helplessness when others witness a seizure
but I’m supposed to help others and not be fearsome.

I feel anger directed towards me when my involuntary noises interrupt a meeting,
but I’m supposed to be quiet and attentive.

I feel your intolerance when I am unable to control myself.
but I’m supposed to tolerate myself.

I feel respected
when I show that this condition is my responsibility

I feel accepted
when I accept myself.

I feel love and affection from others
when I have learned to love myself.

“Feelings are more dangerous than ideas, because they 
aren’t susceptible to rational evaluation. They grow quietly, 
spreading underground, and erupt suddenly, all over the place.
~ Brian Eno

No comments: