Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Direction


Where do I go from here?
I’ve been to this place before more than once.

Heard dreadful, vicious words
Revolving door and frequent flyer
Rubbie, skid row bum and drunk
Bar fly, drug fiend, and souse
Junkie and needle jockey
Just plain no good
Addiction

Believing and knowing that 
at least one of them was me
and always would be to someone

Trying to 
stand on my own two feet
clear my mind of trash and debris
scrub my heart clean
fit in

Feeling like
someone that shouldn’t be
didn’t deserve to be
yet wanted to be
knew I could be

Erasing past deeds
memories firmly attached
an impossible task
becoming renewed in the face
of labels and brands

Where do I go from here?
To the end of each step
doing the next right thing

Proud
of who I am
of who I am becoming
of what I am doing
Because this is a place
that I’ve been before

A launch pad to living the life I now choose.

“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand,
as in what direction we are moving.”
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments: