Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Compounding Energy


It is easy, in the cold light of day, to forget about the ‘starry wonder’ of any evening. All the sharp angles, hard surfaces, wet and damp of rain could really put one off of believing that childhood nonsense of universal energy touching everything.

I set off again today. This time on a shorter adventure. My sister Kate and I have taken an airbnb in Vancouver, B.C. despite each of us having grown children (I mean adult offspring) in this vast and busy city. While said offspring are working or schooling, these two mature sisters will poke about and explore for a couple of days. On the weekend we’ll have our visits with family.

While awaiting Kate’s arrival, a prowl around this charming apartment satisfied my curiousity. After a long ferry ride, it was time to stretch my legs and stretch out into the neighbourhood. Restaurants close by - Malaysian, Vietnamese and a coffee shop all open. Vietnamese was my choice and a good one!  

What does all of that have to do with universal energy?  I couldn’t see any sparks of gossamer, strands of sparkling starshine. As I stood on Deck 4 on the car deck I could feel a manifestation of energy rumbling and vibrating beneath my feet as we pulled away from Swartz Bay Terminal.

Everything and everyone around me was using energy to move about or maybe to just sit still and gaze at the water. Is this energy different from the energy of the stars, moon or sun? I don’t believe so. It is only the manifestations of energy that forms differently. It has been most interesting to ponder these things today. The world feels very different but is so much the same.

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, 
it can only be changed from one form to another.”
~ Albert Einstein

No comments: