Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Surprise!!!!


Always honouring my birthday (66 years old today), yet seldom with planned ‘birthday’ activities.

Ever up for birthday surprises,
they are not an expectation or a requirement for an enjoyable day.

Sons at work and in another city,
other family and friends also away and in other locations
friends here active in their own lives.

To flow through my day was my only focus.
Brunch seemed a good idea.
Ordered, and almost all consumed (five tiny potatoes left!)
when my phone screen showed me that Jason was calling
We visited, I shared where I was - Oaks Restaurant & Grill - found easily on-line and my son returned to work - I returned to my plate.

“Would you like some dessert?”
My kind waitress suggested that ‘someone’ had paid my bill and really wanted me to have dessert. Brownies seemed to suit and this lovely plate was brought to my table. Chocolate........moist and delicious....

Now who could that Invisible Benefactor have been?

“There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved.”
~ Charles Morgan

No comments: