Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

I Like My Life!!


Liking my life is something that I don’t think about that often. 
But.......it sure is fun.
Should’s and shouldn’ts - there is no opening in that and they play no part in whether I like my life or not.
I got what I got and 
I like what I like

I like clean stuff
I like ironed stuff
I like order from chaos but nothing too bland
Colours jump out from surroundings
Music adds texture to home.
Cooking adds warmth and aroma
I like Brahms
I like Beethoven
I like Mozart
I like the Beatles.

Sadness sometimes interferes with recognizing this ‘liking’ stuff
But if I sit still,
paint a picture
write a story
sadness crumples up in a ball and 
whoosh, lands in the garbage can.

Finding my colours in paints, crayons and pens is exciting
Spreading colours all over a blank page without using rules and structure is fun
Flipping through family pictures, seeing babies born and grown is fun

I like my life
I have liked all my life ~ some moments more than others
but if any of those moments hadn’t existed,
would the moment I’m in right now be the same?

The things that are around me do not make my spirit, 
but they may make my spirit glad.  
I like to believe the things that I believe 
because they come from my spirit and from the life that I like.

“Constant repetition carries conviction.”
~ Robert Collier

Watch Jessica’s Affirmations at the link below:

No comments: