Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

There and Back


Home again from a lovely sojourn in Alberta leaving me comfortably tired, reclining in my own rocking chair, with my own fireplace burning warm and bright.

Now that I’ve had tea and toast in the warmth of my own home, the value of travel both there and back offers clarity to my mind.

Travel is really only A to B; but between those points is 
conversation with interesting angles and points of view
changed landscape catching eye and imagination
routines shifted from foundations threatening to become too rigid
and on this trip ~ for me ~ 
reconnecting with family similarities reminding me of a home distant in memory and time.

So I leave the melting snow and wide prairie, for another today and tomorrrow.......

“There’s a part of me that thinks perhaps we go on
existing in a place even after we’ve left it.”
~ Colum McCann, Let the Great World Spin

No comments: