Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Preparatory Muse

Preparations usually mean some kind of gathering
family
ideas
some kind of actions toward a common goal....whether for fun, profit or adventure.
Hopefully not any nefarious deeds (don’t you just love that word! nefarious ~
I’ve never really had a chance to use it.)
But I digress.....
Preparation, my cursory study of it this month, is really quite simple.
Preparation is about living life.
We prepare for everything outside of ourselves
school, our day job, careers, parties, company, travel.......
I could really go on and on and on with a list of life activities.
But what about reading a book, watching a movie, enjoying the sunshine,
feeling the warm rain, hiking, walking or building a snow man.......
and I could go on and on about that!
Am I thinking too much?  
making too much out of something simple just to have something to talk about? 
I suppose that’s possible - definitely possible
And yet it is something to ponder...
all of those leisure things prepare the soil of our hearts for felt experiences...
experiences with those we love or when in our own solitude.

“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took,
but how many moments took your breath away.”
~ Shing Xiong

No comments: