Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Outcome Unknown

My mind ~
like a gigantic theater in the round sees broad steps circling the base of many more steps leading to doors and hallways high in the mist above my head.

To reach the topmost door
I must prepare for the climb
but what is needed to reach the goal. What outcome will there be? What's missing from my bag of tools learned in the school of life?

The steps look hard and unforgiving
but each baby step has been softened.
Running back and forth on the stairs
sitting on landings and plateaus
then climbing hesitantly, slowly
doorways and openings become less threatening

always a choice dangles before me:
run back, just run around,
let go completely
or keep stepping forward.
no speed limit......
only time and a dream.

“We must begin where we are and move forward immediately
by starting small and capitalizing on what’s at hand.”
~ Mike Schmoker, Results

No comments: