Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Thank you to the City of Vancouver!

It is with much gratitude that I write this post this evening. I learned to day that the City of Vancouver, as of June 3, 2014, have cancelled it’s plans for previously proposed changes to the Trout Lake Dog park as well as the thirty six other dog parks in the city of Vancouver. When I remember that day, I know for certain that self doubt does not permeate every single moment of every single day. On April 21 of this year, self doubt was not even a consideration.

On that particular day, the annoying gremlin of self doubt had not interfered. (I will admit that there was the briefest flash of ‘should I?’) However, as I said in my post of April 21 ~ ‘When this non-resident and non-dog owner visits, our walks there, with my sons and my grand dogs, are cherished parts of our family time together.’ My belief in these family times is solid and wonderful. We’ve experienced this sort of family time in parks with our dear dogs over a lifetime ~ from Kenosee Lake in Saskatchewan, to Trout Lake in Vancouver and on to Dallas Road Dog Park in Victoria, BC.  With our family and our dogs, we have enjoyed many other parks and green spaces over a life time.

So I say “Well done, Vancouver and thank you!”

“Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!”
~ Albert Einstein

No comments: